top of page
Thank you for your interest in applying to the Santa Catalina Volunteer Patrol. (SCVP).
SCVP is a non-profit organization that represents the U.S. Forest Service through patrolling the trails, roads, and picnic areas within the Santa Catalina Ranger District. SCVP does not discriminate based on age, race, religion, ethnicity, or gender.
Before applying, please be sure that you can comply with all the requirements below:
1. I am a U.S. Citizen or possess a valid Permanent Residence Card (Green Card).
2. I have an individual cell phone that is not shared with a spouse or partner.
3. I have an individual email account that is not shared with a spouse or partner.
4. I am comfortable using the computer for simple data entry and email/internet access.
5. I will be available to participate in an interview, training sessions, and mentored patrols. These take place during November through February. The interview and training are scheduled events that require about 7 hours total. The mentored patrols are scheduled with your assigned mentor during December, January, and February.
6. I will learn the trail systems in the Sabino Canyon Recreation Area and the areas of the Santa Catalina Ranger District where we patrol.
7. I will comply with all U.S. Forest Service rules, as they apply to volunteer patrollers, including wearing of the U.S. Forest Service volunteer uniform.
If you are unable to meet the above requirements, please do not apply.
Privacy Act Statement. The information on this form is provided to comply with the Privacy Act (PL 93-579).5 U.S.C. 301 and 7 CFR 260 authorizes acceptance of the information requested on this form. The data will be used to contact applicants and to interview, screen, and select applicants for volunteer assignments. Furnishing this data is voluntary.
Please complete the application by clicking on the link below.
Want more information? – Contact us
bottom of page